Upcoming Events & Free Workshops 2014
August 23rd 9am to noon Food Forest with Scott Vlaun
August 30th 10am to noon Presto Pesto with Lisa Moore
September 14th 10am Garden to Gourmet & Harvest Party at noon with Anna Sysko & Kim Hamlin, everyone is welcome
September 14th 2pm to 4pm Food Forest Work Party with Scott Vlaun
All Workshops are free and open to the public . Workshops are rain or shine, since we do have a barn for shelter if necessary, but please contact the coordinator in the case of severe weather situations.
Please sign up for our Newsletter to receive all the latest updates and information about activities and opportunities at the Community Garden
The Mission of the Alan Day Community Garden is to cooperatively create an educational demonstration garden, where people can grow their own food, using organic, sustainable methods to support an enduring community food system. The ADCG is located at: 26 Whitman Street, Norway, Maine 04268.
Please click here to request a garden plot signup form, and you can email us at AlanDayCommunityGarden@gmail.com with any questions.
2014 Annual Appeal Fundraising Letter
Thank you all for a fantastic gardening year at the Alan Day Community Garden, We want to thank all the many people who have given so much of their time, energy, ideas and resources. We would not be so successful without your generous gifting.
Highlights from this year include but are not limited to:
• 20 families grew their own food
• 9 free workshops were presented to the public
• Our teen leadership program engaged young people in gardening projects thanks to Bryant Pond 4-H camp and the Career Center
• Our ﬁrst annual Light the Garden fundraiser was a delightful and well supported event
• Carly Sauro created a beautiful mandala to grace the barn as her senior project
• The Oxford Hills Rotary Club put a new roof on the barn and facilitated building a new tool shed
• The toilet was completed and the wheelchair ramp is almost ﬁnished
• Larry Todd and Chris Stearns provided landscaping and materials
• A composting area was set up for local residents
• A farm stand was created at the garden and its produce sales raised funds for the youth program
As part of our mission we are engaging in the following activities, and we will:
• Collaborate with more organizations and reach out to a more diverse population
• Be part of a walking trail in town
• Offer the ADCG as a lunch time destination and outdoor meeting space
• Have more school classes use the land as an environmental education experience
• Strengthen and expand our impact in the community
Alan Day Community Garden would be honored to be on your gifting list for an annual donation. Let us know you are pleased with our efforts and join in our mission to cooperatively create an educational demonstration garden using organic, sustainable methods to support an enduring community food system. Gifts are tax deductible and thanks to Ann Day(Alan’s mother), every dollar you give she will donate two dollars up to our goal of $10,000 to cover our expenses for 2014. Donations can be sent to Alan Day Community Garden, 26 Whitman Street, Norway ME 04268, or made via the DONATE button on our website.
Sincerely, the Board of the Alan Day Community Garden,
Katey Branch, Ann Siekman, Rocky Crockett, Alex Miller, Cyndy Tinsely, Lisa Moore, Emma and Ruby DayBranch, Ben Woodard